The Tropical Spice Garden in Penang is considered to be the fabulous, adventurous garden where the visitors are enthralled with the exploration of spice garden at large. Therefore, there are innumerably more than five hundred internationally awarded natural exploration of spices in this garden to be viewed as a distinct quality garden in the whole part of Southeast Asia.
Overview of Spice Garden Penang
Tropical Spice Garden is one of the most visited tourist attractions of Penang Island. It is first of its kind found across the Southeast Asia. It was opened to the public in November 2003 that has 500+ types of fauna and flora (emphasis on spices). Following are those purely Tropical Spice Garden Penang explorations that are mentioned here:
- The Tropical Spice Garden, located in Penang is distributed around more than eight acres of rainforest land respectively.
- We can also explore more than five hundred tropical plants, i.e. distinct quality of flora and fauna, which are available here in enormous quantity and are only found in Tropical Spice Garden Penang.
- We can simultaneously avail the refreshing cool air atmosphere at cafés situated here in open and in the mean time we can get to explore the tempting view of Penang Island as well as the tempting shore of Teluk Behang.
- There are numerous distinct gift items kept for the visitors on sale, so that they can buy the original Malaysian items. Also, spice treatment service is also available here as a spice healing methodology.
- The special activity is organized for participating in cooking classes in Spice Garden. For instance, visitors have an exciting facility to enjoy cooking on their own by utilizing their choice of spices in a dish being prepared with an assistance of chefs over there. Hence, the dishes have mainly an influence of numerous cultural varieties that are Nyonya, Malay and Indian primarily.
- The spice garden in Penang is also available for celebrating special events like wedding ceremony, festival party, etc.
- Do come with kids to explore the adventures of the spice garden Penang as there is a special event assigned purposely for kids. These are mainly designed through natural products being grown in those rainforest jungles of Spice Garden. For instance, special natural education programs are invented for them in order to deliver natural identities of Spice Garden Penang through the vivacious nature learning system being organized in an enormous space. You can also checkout best things to do in Penang with kids for more information.
- The visitors can not only enjoy their day explorations, but can also avail long night strolls here. The permission of night strolls has been granted recently in the Spice Garden.
Tours of Tropical Spice Garden Penang
The tour of Tropical Spice Garden in Penang is considered to be the most adventurous task to avail the natural temptations in abundance.
Following are the best possible tours to be availed in this garden that are majorly emphasized as under:
- Tourists can tour the spice garden and gain information about it through the specially assigned audio guides for them.
- Live guided tours are particularly being allotted on specific mentioned timings that are 9am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm respectively.
- There are certain visiting hours for the tour. For instance, the visitors are allowed to enter the spice garden daily from 9am to 6pm respectively.
Visiting Spice Garden is not only one of the best things to do during your trip to Penang, but also essential for gaining some knowledge and information. You shall gain comprehensive insight about more than 500 species of flora, fauna, spices and herbs here. If you are going with your kids then it will be an added advantage for them too.
Address: Lot 595 Mukim 2, Jalan Teluk Bahang, 11050 Penang, Malaysia.
Phone: +604–881 1797 & +601-2430 7795
Visiting Hours: Open 9 am to 6 pm daily. Last admission at 5.15 pm.
Visit their FB Page